14 May 2011

Your Comments on Dr Douglas Kmiec as Ambassador to Malta

We published the news of Ambassador Doug Kmiec's resignation at http://www.starsandstripesmalta.com/News201105.html#DK20110511. We received many comments from you on the matter and have decided to create a space where you can recall and recount your impression of this man during his stay in Malta. 

You can either post directly here or, if you prefer, email us on info@StarsAndStripesMalta.com. Those who email us should  specify that you would like your email to be to publish to our blog.

4 comments:

  1. I was saddened at the news that Ambassador Kmiec is going to leave our Island soon as his resignation was accepted. I think He was the ideal ambassador to Malta, and He could only do good to OUR and HIS country. I was saddened when He suffered that bad accident in the States, but the latter news saddened me even further. I shall remember him as a Great Gentleman. May I make this final comment. On his appointment as Ambassador to Malta, He was invited for the High Mass on the 8th December, at Cospicua. He attended and took part in the celebration of Mass. I could not but help looking at him, and admire his devotion during the whole ceremony. I am sure He will remember the Cospicua Shrine of Our Lady Immaculate Conception, for a long time.

    Well done Mr. Ambassador, and I think the acceptance of your resignation by the President is a big mistake.

    Emanuel (Lino) Darmanin
    (sent to info@starsandstripesmalta.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first met Mr Ambassador when he visited the Church and St Philip's Band Club during the feast of our patron St. Philip of Agira in Zebbug.

    It was my fist time speaking to such an important person yet he was so easy to speak to and made me feel at ease.

    We will miss him.

    P. Borg
    (sent to info@starsandstripesmalta.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have spent many years living and working in the USA. I have been to Malta for close to 25 years.

    He is the only US Ambassador who I every shook hands with with. Great and friendly man.

    Alfred Gatt
    (sent to info@starsandstripesmalta.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great and kind man.

    ReplyDelete